Saturday, June 18, 2016

It's first grade time!

We are excited for first grade! We have been getting ready.  We have learned lots of math like addition and subtraction.
 
 
 
We love to read nonfiction books.  For example, we read books about animals and American symbols.
 
 
In writing, we learned about stop signs, to have neat writing, and to add who, what, where, when, and why to our stories.
 
We also love science and can't wait to see what we will learn and the experiments we will try in first grade!
 
Mrs. Pellizzaro taught us about states of matter.  We made Oobleck!
 
I am excited for tidepools.  You get to go to school with no backpack and go on a field trip with your parent.
 
First grade is going to be hard work, but I think we will have fun!
 
We were excited to meet our first grade teachers yesterday!
 
 
 
free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

8 comments:

  1. Good luck to our Kindergarten buddies in first grade next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mrs. Kennedy! It was fun getting together with your class this year!

      Delete
  2. Aidan (Izzy's brother)June 20, 2016 at 6:50 PM

    It has been an amazing year! I can't believe how quickly it went by! I bet you will all love 1st grade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, Aidan. I think they will love first grade! It was great getting to work with you and Mrs. Kennedy's class so often this year. Good luck at HM!!

      Delete
  3. I am so excited for 1st grade but I will miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will miss you too, Izzy, but I know you are going to love first grade! I can't wait to hear about all the fun you are having. Maybe our classes can get together for a Go Noodle or a special activity. :)

      Delete
  4. It looks like everyone had fun being your student Mrs.Libby.
    From,Emma Dancause

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emma!! Yes, I think we had a lot of fun while learning so much this year. I can't believe you are going into second grade! Have a fabulous summer. :)

    Thanks for stopping by to check out my blog.
    Love,
    Mrs. Libby

    ReplyDelete